The Rules – Entries
- Only companies based in the North East of England can enter the North East Business Awards.
- Entries are treated in confidence but will be shared with a select group of individuals for contacting and judging purposes.
- All entries must be electronic and submitted via the website (nebusinessawards.co.uk)
- Companies can enter a maximum of three categories. Sponsoring companies are not permitted to enter the category they are sponsoring.
- Attachments uploaded to an entry must not exceed 10MB in total. Any attachments that exceed the permitted allowance or exceed the permitted file size will be deleted.
- There are no maximum word counts for any of the questions on the entry forms however we advise that you keep your entry concise and to the point – the judges have many entries to read through!
- Entries will be judged by a panel of judges brought together by the sponsor for that category. Guideline and a scoring matrix are provided to the judges to ensure the process is fair.
- Award winners will be announced at the various awards dinners in February/March/May 2019
- Applicants must be authorised to enter their organisation into the awards programme.
- Incomplete entries will not be judged.
- Reach plc North East reserve the right to withdraw an award from any applicant supplying false information within their entry. Judges reserve the right to audit any information supplied.
- The judges’ decision is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- No employee of Reach shall be entitled to enter.
- By registering and completing an entry for the awards you agree to these terms and conditions.
The Rules – Table/Ticket Purchasing
For the purposes of these rules, you are referred to as the ‘Client’ and Reach plc as the ‘Organisers’
- All bookings MUST be paid for in full before the date of the relevant awards dinner. Any Client/s who have not settled their bill in full will be turned away.
- Payment in full should be made within 30 days of receipt of confirmation of your booking or 30 days prior to the event date (whichever sooner). Failure to remit the full amount within this period will be considered by the Organisers as a cancellation and the Client will be liable for charges as detailed in “Cancellation Charges” below.
- Cancellation Charges:
In the event of cancellation by the Client with written notice received by the Organiser in excess of 90 days prior to the date of the event, a full refund of any monies paid.
In the event of cancellation by the Client with written notice received by the Organiser in excess of 60 days prior to the date of the event but less than 90 days prior to the date of the event, a charge of 25% of the total value of the booking will be payable by the Client.
In the event of cancellation by the Client with written notice received by the Organiser in excess of 30 days prior to the date of the event but less than 60 days prior to the date of the event, a charge of 50% of the total value of the booking will be payable by the Client.
In the event of cancellation by the Client with written notice received by the Organiser of less than 30 days prior to the date of the event, a charge of 100% of the total value of the booking will be payable by the Client.
- Payment can be made via the website or over the telephone using a debit or credit card.
- When payment is received the Client will be sent: a reservation confirmation, invitations, location details, guest list form for names and dietary requirements, beverages pre-order form etc.
- In the event of cancellation through reasons beyond the control of the Organiser, including but not limited to: force majeure – acts of war, terrorism, death, cancellation by a third party controlling body, venue owners, and any contractor, sub-contractor or lease holder to the event to which the invoice relates, the Organiser will refund the Client any monies paid less reasonable and non-refundable costs incurred pertaining to the event.